There’s no shame in the braces game!
Whether you’re deciding on getting braces for yourself or braces for someone in your care, we want to remind you of the wonders braces can do both medically and aesthetically. A number of famous celebrities have had braces both as adults and as adolescents. Don’t believe us? We’ve put together a list of the most famous, beautiful people who have ever had braces.
Often times people forget the medical importance of braces because of the beautiful result. However, braces can fix an improper bite, create space in the mouth, and more that benefit your chewing ability and speech development. Twisted teeth, a crowded mouth, or an incorrect bite can cause medical issues like infection, sores, and chronic pain. Now, add that to the bad self-esteem that comes with hating your smile and you have a recipe for misery.
In addition to the medical benefits, braces do transform your face with a straight, bright, pearly smile. Let’s take a look at some famous celebrity smiles that have changed because of braces!
These celebrities got their braces as young adults after they became famous with their uniquely crooked smiles. While their natural smile has an endearing innocence to it, you can visibly see the dramatic transformation of the braces; turning vivacious boys into handsome men.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Portuguese soccer player who holds the record for the most goals scored in the FIFA Club World Cup
- Matthew Lewis – an actor best known for his role as Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter movie series
- Niall Horan – former member of the boy band, One Direction
- Tom Cruise – an actor known for his action films and classics like Risky Business and Top Gun
Most everyone wants to be beautiful like a supermodel, they’re tall and gorgeous and known for their beauty worldwide. However, even a model’s beauty has often been enhanced by cosmetic procedures like braces. The following women all had braces in their teenage years to perfect their smile before their modeling careers truly took off.
- Bridget Malcolm – Australian Victoria Secret angel
- Kendall Jenner – a Kardashian sister and Victoria Secret angel
- Tyra Banks – former Sports Illustrated swimsuit supermodel and active television personality
Maybe you’re not interested in looking like a famous actor or a supermodel, but what about looking like royalty? That’s right! Even members of royal families around the world get braces as both young princes and adult queens.
- Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton – future Queen Consort of England
- Prince Harry – the Duke of Sussex and married to Meghan Markle
- Queen Máxima – reigning Queen Consort of the Netherlands
Have we convinced you? Are you ready to get in the chair and get your braces on? We like your attitude! When choosing your orthodontist, it’s best to be sure they understand both the health and cosmetic benefits of adjusting your smile. At Brad Edgren, DDS we know how important braces can be for your oral health and your self-esteem. We have experience working with both adolescents and adults, so no matter how old you are, if you feel ready for braces then you should come in for a consultation! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.